STEM stands for the four core curriculum areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. At the STEM Institute of Manhattan we strive to engage our students in an integrated STEM curriculum that is focused on problem-solving, discovery, and exploratory learning. Our students are introduced and immersed into the act of investigating real-world problems in order to develop creative solutions, thus preparing them to be innovative leaders of tomorrow.
At the STEM Institute we want our students to become passionate about discovery, innovation, exploration and creativity.
- Ask questions and solve problems
- Invent things, design, and conduct experiments
- Develop ideas about and make connections to the world around them
- Apply learning to everyday situations
- Use 21st Century tools to observe and interact with the world in order to communicate, gain knowledge, and express ideas
- Use scientific, engineering, and mathematical thinking along with experimental problem solving processes in day-to-day activities
- Think critically and work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Learn about and experience STEM careers, potentially placing them on career paths in highly needed and valued fields